B.A., Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia
J.D., summa cum laude, University of Miami School of Law
Admitted to Practice
Chris Castro is a transactional real estate attorney with over ten years of experience representing clients in various areas of real estate law. Chris has a broad range of experience representing U.S., European and Latin American developers, funds and investors, with the acquisition, financing, and disposition of commercial, residential and mixed-use properties and developments.
Chris regularly counsels borrowers with secured financing transactions, including acquisition, refinance, mezzanine and construction loans. His practice also includes representing clients with the purchase and sale of transferable development rights (TDRs), loan acquisitions, loan workouts and loan modifications and representing both landlords and tenants in connection with commercial leasing matters.
Prior to joining Private Advising Group, Chris was a real estate shareholder in the Miami office of Greenberg Traurig, P.A. (AmLaw 100).
· Represented private real estate fund of large international corporation in the acquisition and financing of $180 million mixed-use hotel condominium project in Miami, Florida.
· Successfully negotiated $125 million construction loan facility on behalf of joint venture in connection with 240 unit condominium hotel development in Doral, Florida.
· Represented joint venture in the negotiation and structuring of $125 million sale of 1.25 acre land parcel in Miami, Florida.
· Counseled private international investor in the acquisition and financing of $120 million office building in Coral Gables, Florida.
· Structured and negotiated the acquisition and leaseback of $55 million office building on behalf of private real estate developer in Miami, Florida.
· Represented developer in negotiation of $70 million construction loan facility in connection with mixed-use condominium project in Hollywood, Florida.
· Negotiated $18 million construction loan facility for renovation of resort hotel in Anguilla on behalf of national hotel operator and investor.
· Represented institutional client in the acquisition and development of numerous vacant lots for industrial warehouse development throughout South Florida.
** Certain of the above representations were handled by Mr. Castro prior to joining Private Advising Group, P.A.