B.A., summa cum laude, in International Business and Business Management from Eckerd College
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
Spanish - Fluent
Professional & Community Involvement
Member of the International Bar Association
Member of the Hispanic National Bar Association
Member of the Americans for Immigrant Justice (“AIJ”)
Recipient of the “Exceptional Pro Bono Service Recognition Award” from the Supreme Court of Florida in 2010
Founding director of the Venezuelan American National Bar Association (“VENAMBAR”)
Jaime was named one of the top 100 lawyers in Miami in 2016 and the winner of Leaders in Law in International Law. He has also been consistently awarded in Super Lawyers and Legal Elite since 2010 in the fields of commercial litigation and international.
Jaime focuses his practice on litigation matters, with an emphasis on resolving domestic and international disputes. He is fully bilingual and has represented clients in domestic and international proceedings, in federal and state courts, and at arbitral tribunals, both in English and Spanish.
Jaime has experience representing clients in commercial litigation, white collar crimes, FCPA, fraud, corruption, intellectual property, labor and employment, and probate cases. Additionally, he has conducted internal investigations in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Asia.
Prior to launching the Private Advising Group, Jaime was a litigation attorney with Greenberg Traurig in Miami. Before becoming an attorney, Jaime was an entrepreneur, and founded a medical device manufacturing company, which he eventually sold to a publicly traded company.
· Represented an investor in a fraud and civil RICO case involving an offshore project.
· Conducted an internal investigation of an international multilateral organization.
· Represented joint venture in the negotiation and structuring of $125 million sale of 1.25 acre land parcel in Miami, Florida.
· Obtained summary judgment and fees on behalf of a client in a probate litigation action.
· Represented a U.S. based telecommunications company with operations in Latin America in compliance with anti-corruption and data protection laws, and implementation of best practices.
· Represented a technology company in the acquisition of a competitor with extensive operations in Latin America.
· Was part of a team that represented a South American airline in a global antitrust matter.
· Conducted an internal investigation of a publicly traded company with operations in the Caribbean and Central America.
· Assisted an African government with anti-corruption initiatives, including the recovery of stolen assets.
· Assisted in the successful defense of a national company in an employment discrimination lawsuit.